The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Admiralty 2.0

Nearly three years ago, I embarked on my journey to directing. Since then I've directed several commercials and a music video. Today, I'm directing my latest commercial, developing my next batch of commercial projects and writing my first feature film.

None of my current projects would have been possible had I not taken that first step by directing my first live action piece,
Admiralty. I never finished that particular piece. Despite the many months, weeks and hours that several volunteers put into it, I never saw it to completion.

That has always bothered me.

There have been many excuses. The biggest excuses being a lack of time and money. Which is largely true considering the experimental FX and animation ambitions of the project.

I've thought about keeping this project shelved. After all, it was shot years ago and I'm a different person and director now. But those are just excuses too. So after several fits of starting and stopping the project, I've started again. In fact, I plan to re-shoot much of the short that I originally shot on Beta with the much-hyped new Red One camera.

Above is a photo I took from a rehearsal for Admiralty 2.0. My buddy, Ian will fight choreograph the fight sequences and a large FX studio in Beijing will handle much of the FX and animation. Given the upgrade in camera, fight choreography, FX studio and director (that would be a slightly more experienced me); I'm hoping this won't look like the first thing I've ever directed.

To be continued... and finished!

2 Comments:

Blogger Augie said...

Good to see you've gotten your project back on track!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thx!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home