The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I'm a Hongkie!!!

After 6 months of living in Hong Kong, I am now officially a permanent resident of Hong Kong.

I just picked up my Hong Kong smart id card last week. While visions of Big Brother have popped in my head when thinking about the chip in the card, it does seem to make things easier. For example, coming into and out of Hong Kong appears to be as simple as swiping your card and reading your thumb print.

I still need to get a Hong Kong passport and a China pass called a "Wui Hueng Jing" (sp) so I can go into and out of China without paying the crazy US Visa fees. But I pretty much am free to come and go as I please into Hong Kong to work as long as I like. Yep, to borrow a term I've read in some Hong Kong movie sub-titles; I'm now officially a Hongkie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home