The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year!

Woohoo! Last night I rang in 2006 in Hong Kong. It wasn't my first New Years Eve in HK, but it was far better than my first one from 15 years ago in which I spent it in the bed of a hotel room. We went to a jazz club at the swanky Shangri-La Hotel and it was a swinging good time. But for me it doesn't get much better than ringing in the New Year with my favorite genre of music surrounded by good friends and lots of free flowing alcohol!

If anything, it may have been a little too good a time as I probably had a few too many martini's. I don't really believe in New Year Resolutions; as I read somewhere a long time ago that most resolutions aren't kept. But I do believe in setting goals. I've got many of them which I think are quite achievable out here in HK, China and Asia which is a major reason why I'm out here. But in order to achieve them, I think I'll need to hunker down a bit. Which I think means, a little less partying. So if I were to believe in resolutions; I resolve to continue to work hard and play hard, but I'm gonna try to explore other forms of play other than just the bar and club scene. Luckily, I've met many wonderful people out here who are willing to show me around some of the other things HK has to offer such local museums and hiking paths.

So here's to a wonderful, productive, happy and healthy New Year to all my friends here and in the US!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home