The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh What a Beautiful Evening

Today, I worked a full day @ Cyberport with over 15 other people in the office. That's the most people I've seen in the new office since we've moved in. This group represents one of the first companies to be incubated at MERECL. They are really cooking and are on the verge of landing another project.

I stayed at the office until 9:30 pm and took this picture from the balcony. Hong Kong lights up like a Christmas tree at night and this secluded area of Hong Kong is no different. The blue lit building is Cyberport 3, E Core which is where MERECL is. The 3 story buildings in the center and right are very expensive houses that I'm told cost about $10 million USD each!

Hong Kong really gets into the Christmas decorative mood (even though I think most people here are Buddhist) and I'm seeing all sorts of huge decorations pop up. Some of them border on cheesy. Believe it or not I think the only holiday decorations in this picture are the lights on the top of the luxury apartment walls. Everything else is exactly how it looks and feels every night. Well, at least for the winter. The air is very cool and there's a very pleasant breeze blowing in from the bay.

As I left the office, looked at the beatiful harbor view and felt the cool breeze on my face, I thought to myself: I really enjoy working here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home