The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Everything is Everything

I just had a very full weekend where everything seemed to fit together. I worked with master students on their projects, I met with friends @ CNN International, I met a new film director about his new film and I coordinated a meeting between a VC and my colleague. Tonight I just had a conference call with a fellow Asian American and a Canadian American about a short film we're working on together. It was a little strange and surreal to be collaborating with North American English speaking people on this side of the world. But oddly enough, it also seemed to make sense and felt quite natural. North Americans working together in Hong Kong? Nothing strange about that.

On a practical level, all these projects and events interconnect in some way. On a broad visionary level, all of these events relate to the reasons I moved out here; To expand the boundaries of what is possible with digital media, to spark something new and exciting and to make a difference.

Without getting into details that could jeapoardize some of these projects, I'll just say it feels like everything is very interelated at this moment. Sure my life is extremely hectic, busy and full, but it also feels a little zen-like. Or to borrow a song title from Grammy winning artist, Lauryn Hill; Everything is Everything.

If that's all a little too psychedelic or corporate-manufactured-self-help-like: Too bad. It's late and that's just the state I'm in right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home