The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Am I a Blog Addict?

I'm really getting into this blog thing. Did I just write a silly and obvious sentence in my own blog? Possibly. Especially if I were writing about my own blog. But I'm not.

A couple of recent incidents sparked a desire to seek out and add as many friend's blogs to my bookmarks as I could. The result is a five fold increase in my bookmarked blogs. So strong was my calling, that my quest even led me to add a list 'o blog links to my blog. Don't worry, if you told me your blog is private or even semi-private, it won't be listed here. In the meantime, here's a quick run down of some blogs I frequent:

The Curious Diary of Mr. Jam
This is my colleague, Nury Vittachi's blog. Being HK's best selling English language novelist, Nury's a bit of a celebrity. I find his insights to life in HK and Asia to be well written and a pleasure to read.


Patrick James Coston Asian Adventures
My friend Pat obsessively documents everything in his personal Website and was even once interviewed by the New York Times Magazine about his obsession. He met his wife online and currently resides with her in Malaysia. This blog focuses exclusively on his experiences of living in a remote island in Malaysia.

Hey Christine!
Christine's been writing online diaries way before the term blog existed. Between Oriented, the organization she founded, and the longevity of her online chronicles, she has amassed quite an online following. She's also a bit of an evangelist for promoting yourself online and has convinced several of her friends (including yours truly) to blog.

Card Carrying Member
This blog belongs to a dear friend whom I've known since I was 8 years old. He currently is a an economics professor at the University of Maryland. This blog is filled with insights and comments from the left side of American politics. I can always count on Jonah's blog to give me some hardcore insights into what's really going on in the US.

Ask Chuck Hillig
I recently met Chuck in Malaysia through my boss, Gino. He and Gino met online and really hit it off when they met in Kuala Lumpur. Chuck has published 5 books on enlightenment and keeps a pretty detailed blog about his life as a retired psychotherapist.

So there you have it. With so many friends who keep such interesting blogs, I'm feeling a bit addicted to following their latest musings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Glad to see that I finally got some credit! LOL... and Cedrick... your writing is hilarious....... !

7:38 AM  
Blogger twm said...

The first step to recovery is acknowledging your problem! I'm going home in a week! Wooo!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home