The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mentos & Coke Laughing to Bank!

OK, I've got my answer: According to ABC News, Mentos and Coke are laughing all the way to the bank with all this free publicity. There are at this point over 800 videos on the Internet of people doing this home brew experiment.

They had a scientist on the show to explain a few things:

* The large and uneven surface of a Mentos means more bubbles
* Diet sodas generally have more CO2 than normal sodas

That is among the several reasons this works. Oh and before I forget:

If you actually drink a diet Coke and have Mentos, you will not explode. But you will probably vomit. I haven't seen (nor do I want to see) this on the Internet, but I imagine someone's done this.

If this shows anything to me it demonstrates the power and phenomenon of YouTube.

OK, I think I'm really done with this topic now. Tune in next time for a dose of a non Mentos/Coke blog entry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home