The Adventures of Cedrick Chan

These are the chronicles of my East/West adventures. I'm currently based in Hong Kong, China and San Jose, CA, USA.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Picture's Worth a Few Words

This evening, I decided to dump a few photos from my camera phone. I found a few G-rated enough to post and write a few words about. :P

This first pic's taken last Sunday from the 2nd Annual RockIt festival which features mostly local Hong Kong bands. It's quite telling that the picture shows an audience of mostly Caucasians. Rock music's just not that big here in HK. The locals live mostly on a steady diet of Cantopop and Taiwanese pop music which are steady, sugary, sweet and cavity-inducing staples at the karaoke clubs.


The festival also costs more than the average HK person would be willing to pay for music they don't really get or appreciate. I attended to meet Josh, the lead singer of the band in this picture. He's in the yellow T. While waiting for him to finish some interviews, I hung with my friend who shot the festival for a 3 min segment for her TV station. Josh and I spoke afterwards about the short film I'm working on. He freelances for Cartoon Network here and is interested in contributing to the soundtrack and possibly time as an editor. We spoke the same geek-speek about Star Wars and Transformers, so we got along quite dork-aliciously.

This next pic was snapped the night before at the HK's infamous party-central, Lan Kwai Fong. There was a street carnival, so the normally crowded street's of LKF were even more annoyingly crowded than usual. I was planning on keeping it a low key evening, but my friend who just happens to be a beautiful model/designer convinced me to go out. No, it wasn't the allure of meeting more of her beautiful model friends that got me out. She got me out by promising to discuss the designs for my film.

Yeah, she had to twist my arm. But I'm a slave to my film which is going way to slowly for my own taste these days. Work's been crazy-hectic, but I'm trying to move the film forward however I can.

Yeah! That's two entries this month. Doest that mean my blogging slump is kinda, sorta over?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your blog interesting, and you seemed like an interesting person as well.

About MERECL and MIC, I am wondering if you guys work with VC and huge Corps to do incubation-ish thing with new exciting ideas and projects. Do you guys have regular partners for that purpose or is it more like on a case by case basis?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tyler,

MERECL does work with corporations on incubation type ventures. We also talk regularly with VC's.

MIC focuses on academic work, but does consultancy work as well.

We don't have regular or exclusive partners at this time.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if not for your boss, we could be your regular partner in this.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home